mardi 28 juin 2016

MGF 1.8 locked engine

First post and it's with a problem, sorry

I have a standard 1.8 engine which was running fine and I parked it up at home and switched off normally. The next day I tried to start it and there was a clunk as the solenoid kicked in and the lights on the dashboard dimmed

I checked and the battery voltage was dropping to 7 volts directly across the terminals and as I knew it had been allowed to go completely flat before I bought the car I ordered a new one and fitted it, this did the same but the voltage only dropped to 8 volts

I then checked and found some fur in the header tank coolant and the oil level had risen a bit so I diagnosed head gasket and presumed that the engine had leaked into a cylinder and was hydrauliced over night

I have started stripping it down and drained the oil (about half a litre of coolant came out first), drained the coolant with an amount of fur/slime and removed the plugs. Peering down the plugholes the pistons appear dry and ok

Having got the cambelt cover off I thought I would get the engine to the timing position before going further but.....

I cannot turn the engine either forwards or backwards

I am assuming that the starter has jammed in but am struggling to get the bottom bolt out at the moment is there anything else worth considering

and before anyone asks, yes it is out of gear

Let's block ads! (Why?)



MGF 1.8 locked engine

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil