mercredi 29 juin 2016

RIP Denzel

Well, having owned Denzel for 5 years, and never taking him over 3k revs until up to temp, I'm gutted to have to report sludge in the expansion bottle :-(

The coolant used to be a lovely clear pink, but the coolant warning light came on last week one morning, then I didn't see it again. So at the weekend I thought I'd top it up, and was met with the site of a light brown sludge in the bottle, along with swirly rainbow patterns on the surface.

Is this a definite sign of HGF, or do I need to look elsewhere before confirming that diagnosis?

I'd love to take advantage of EuroCarParts' 30% off sale until midnight on Thursday to order the parts, so if it is HGF is this all I'll be needing:

Head Gasket Kit
Oil
Oil filter
Coolant
Something to help flush the gunk out the system?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

BS...

Let's block ads! (Why?)



RIP Denzel

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil