vendredi 29 août 2014

MGF 75th Anniversary - Project

Hi All



First a little story....



In 1995 my GF and I drove past a Rover garage and there on the front was a brand new (just released) MGF in Purple. (you know the colour).



To say it was stunning is an understatement. So of course we pulled in and had a chat with the sales guy. A few months later we look delivery of our brand new purple MGF VVC and it was AMAZING.



Then 3 years later when the contract was coming to an end we were shown the 75th anniversary model in black with red hood and leather plus lots of optional chrome. We bought it !



In 2002 when the contract came to an end the garage prised the keys from my hand as i sobbed. But with a new born we needed a sensible car.



God I loved those F's and ever since I have always looked lovingly at anyone that I passed.



3 kids later and 1 "ex" I saw a very sad looking 75th anniversary for sale that needed some serious TLC.



I BOUGHT IT !!!!



After 13 years I am re-united with exactly the same model as I owned.



This thread will be my story / money pit / rant / love story for this car.



She was purchased on 6th June and already I have used this forum extensively for tips and guides so I'm hopefully now gonna give something back.



You will notice from the picture that straight away the hood is the wrong colour - this was the first mission.....








from the last news http://ift.tt/1u6aJXe

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil