jeudi 28 juillet 2016

LMCFox [Need a replacement rear screen]

I got a replacement vinyl screen from a lady called (I think) Silvia, in Middlesex, possibly Ilford? You send yours away and get it back repaired by return of post. It's Special Delivery so not too long a turnaround. I saw her name mentioned on here back in the day and just Googled for it.

It was about £90 back then (several years ago), you get rivets and a bit of Velcro and a new zip clasp thingy (if you need it) with the returned rear window.

You do have to drill out the rivets to remove the rear window panel. Plus, you have to rivet it back in (along the bottom). It wasn't the most difficult job I've ever done, I reckon it took about two hours of my time all told, not including sending the rear window off then collecting it. I borrowed a rivet gun but they don't look expensive. Skill level is not 'Absolute Beginner', but it's not 'Ninja' either, it would suit someone with some common sense and some reasonable amount of mechanical/craft skills.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



LMCFox [Need a replacement rear screen]

Libellés :

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil