samedi 29 novembre 2014

Lower arm

Hello all,



about a year ago when dismantling my ZS's front end to remove the engine due to the driver side driveshaft ripping its mountings off the block and rendering the engine scrap, one of the lower ball joints refused to let go of the lower arm.



In haste I thought it clever to split the lower arm in two by removing the two nuts holding it together and remove the knuckle and half the arm as one bit then separate them later.



After doing this I checked rave to find the torque settings only to find that your never supposed to separate the two bits.



Just wondered if anyone knows why? the way its built it should all go back straight and true, could it be they're stretch bolts or something?



I'm having a hell of a time finding a replacement, don't trust ordering a new one on-line as when I cross reference them even though they say for a 180, they fit all models and I'm sure the 180 has larger ball joints.



Also all the people I've contacted who are breaking 180's don't want to sell this bit as it stops it being a rolling chassis for scrapping.





from the last news http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=723513&goto=newpost

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil