samedi 29 novembre 2014

Rough runner F

Well the other half keeps nagging for me to have a look at her F as she says its running rough when its started from cold. It apparently behaves itself when warmed up. Bit of a pain as the hardtop is fitted.

It sounded ok to me so I left it to run up while I had a look at the reason that the SRS light was on.

After it had warmed up I noticed it developed a bit of a misfire. Not a bad one but a misfire. So while it was running I checked that the plug on the throttle pot was on properly. As soon as I just touched that plug with one finger The revs climbed quite a bit and stayed there till I bliped the throttle, and the revs went back to the correct tick over. I did it again and the same thing happened. Everything looks ok. Plug is on and its not loose.

is this usual with these things or am I looking at a throttle body fault? Or maybe a new pot needed?

I'm toying with the idea of changing the body for the ally version. If I do that, Does anyone know what the part number for the ally one would be as there seams to be a few to choose from.





from the last news http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=723457&goto=newpost

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil