dimanche 17 août 2014

Cambelt Questions

Hi all, I have just completed a head gasket change which included removal and cleaning of the tappets and fitting of uprated oil rail and conversion to PRT thermostat. First I would like to thank those who have taken the time to answer my occasional queries on here and particularly those that have taken the time to write the "how to" threads - they have been invaluable.



The car started first time and runs great, comes up to temp ok and is smooth with plenty of power for a 1.4 MGZR, however, I do have one small niggle that when the engine is revved or the power is applied while driving a quietish squeak/chirruping noise comes from somewhere in the engine bay, possibly cambelt side. I sounds like it is coming from some rotating part but I could be wrong. The cambelt was changed when I did the head gasket as was the tensioner (good quality parts from DMGRS) which was set up as per Mr Haynes instructions. The water pump is approx. one year old so was not changed. The noise is bothering me so today I removed the cambelt cover to have a look. I couldn't see anything too worrying, however, the cam belt is slightly proud of the outside edge of the cam pulleys and tensioner by about 1/8 of an inch, also the notched arm on the tensioner is no longer in line with the wire as when first set up. Is this normal and should I be worrying about it?



Also is it possible to overtighten the bolt holding the automatic tensioner? I appreciate that you will eventually strip the threads if you keep going but I used a torque wrench as per the the Haynes settings (can't remember what they are at the moment) however I stopped tightening before I reached the quoted torque setting as it didn't really feel right, although the bolt securing the tensioner is very tight. Would over tightening of this damage the auto tensioning pulley?



The car has done probably about 25 miles singe the HG change. Any help would be appreciated as I don't want to continue running the vehicle if there is a possibility of something failing and undoing all the good work.



Thanks



Andrew





from the last news http://ift.tt/1qhUBhP

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil