dimanche 26 octobre 2014

Intermittent ABS light continued....dodgy instrument cluster?

I have an ongoing issue with an intermittent ABS light on my 2000 Rover 45. See this thread for more information: http://ift.tt/12Mlrue



Since then I have removed both front ABS sensors, cleaned the sensor tips and removed corrosion from the mating surfaces.



Today I fitted brand new rear reluctor rings/wheel bearings (all one unit) - the old reluctor rings where very ropey and crusty.



While doing this I removed one of the rear ABS sensors to clean the tip and mating surface. I was unable to remove the O/S rear ABS sensor due to rounded bolts, I did clean the sensor tip while the old wheel bearing/hub was removed from the car though.





After spending all day on the car.......the ABS light is still intermittently on.



HOWEVER, when I was sat in the car with the engine running (with ABS light illuminated) I discovered that if I pushed the face of the instrument cluster the ABS light went out, and upon releasing pressure from the instrument cluster the light came back on! I repeated this about 10 times. I then went to get my dad to show him, however upon returning to the car this 'trick' was then not happening when pushing the same place. But it did come on and off if I smacked the top of the dashboard though, or pressed down on the plastic surround.



Is there anything behind the instrument cluster that could cause this - maybe a loose connection or short circuit? Or, is it more likely that there is indeed a fault in the ABS system, and the ABS light SHOULD constantly be on, however a loose connection/ABS bulb causes the light to flicker on and off while driving?



I have spent so much time trying to cure this issue, and it can not go on. I am close to saying goodbye to the car after 5 1/2 years.





from the last news http://ift.tt/1srOHv3

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil