samedi 28 mars 2015

2.0l T-series

Hi All,



First post here, sorry its a problem post.



I've got a kit car - Robin Hood super spec with a 2.0l T-series (stroked K-series?) 16v Rover with a Ford MT75 gearbox. I completed it in 2007, drove it until 2011 and its been sat in my parents garage ever since.



Bought a new battery, and tried starting it today, fuel went everywhere. The inline filter was cracked so fitted a new one.



Fuel pump whirrs away when I ignition-on & fuel fills the filter (and stays in the lines). Now, when I crank I get one or two cylinders firing once, followed by empty cranking.



I put new spark plugs in (since they were only £10 for 4 NGK ones), and confirmed that I have spark by pulling each HT lead individually and grounding the spark plug on the top of the head and watching to see the spark while I was cranking. I think I have fuel going into the cylinders as the clean & dry new spark plugs come out wet with fuel.



Thought I was probably flooding the engine, so left the car for several hours to let the fuel evaporate through the spark plug void. Still the same thing happens.



Starter motor sounds OK, it always had quite a slow cranking speed, but used to catch immediately.



Car has covered 2800 miles, and the engine is probably long due a service, but wanted to get the oil up to temp before draining it, then off to get an MOT.



Any ideas?



Cheers,

Phil





from the last news http://ift.tt/1GBNYmi

via IFTTT

Libellés : ,

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Abonnement Publier les commentaires [Atom]

<< Accueil